From the start, we envisioned a brand that would minimise its footprints and become a sustainable alternative to the fast paced fashion industry.
We are trying to do everything in the most sustainable way we can, placing environmentally friendly practices and materials before margins and sales. Values first.
PRACTICING WHAT WE PREACH
Here are some of the things we are doing:
- We only use recycled 925 silver
- Our gold plating is made with ethically sourced gold, purchased from the leading European company in sustainable materials.
- We employ skilled artisan families and pay fair prices, keeping tradition alive and sustaining several families.
- We have implemented now a pre-order system that allows us to move towards creating only what we need.
- We reuse everything! From boxes and pouches, to precious materials (the good thing about silver and gold is that they can be always recycled and turned into something else).
- No single use plastic anywhere in our manufacturing chain.
- Our packaging is recycled and reusable. It's eco-friendly and FSC certified.
We donate 2% of all sales to two reliable organisations close to our hearts. We have either seen their work first hand or have volunteered and keep a close relationship with. These are the two amazing organisations we have chosen:
- Bali Street Mums Project:
This project's aim is to end the cycle of impoverished mums, begging children and human trafficking - first in Bali, then worldwide.
They aid mothers and children who have been begging on the streets and give them refuge and their safe house. They focus on teaching the mothers skills to earn a living, so that they don't have to go back to the streets.
100% of their revenue goes back to mothers and their children, and our workshops are run by the families they’ve helped - who profit from their newfound skills. They also educate the children, so they grow up with the means to break the cycle.
By saving families once, they’re empowered to sustain themselves for generations.
- BAWA (Bali Animal Welfare Association):
BAWA is a non-profit organisation based in Bali, Indonesia, that works to save, protect and improve the lives of all animals in Bali and beyond - from snakes to dolphins.
They provide emergency response and rescue, food and medication, rehabilitation and adoption. BAWA practices humane population control, disease control and runs intensive education and advocacy programs for sustainable improvement to animal welfare now and into the future.
A key focus is Bali’s Heritage Dog – the island’s genetically unique street dog that is under threat. We have two beautiful dogs adopted from Bali and volunteer and foster often, so we see their work and effort to make this beautiful island we call home a better and safer place for its animals and people.
We are always open to improving and are always looking for better practices to adhere to. If you have any suggestion we are all ears and welcome any feedback.
We want to see change in this world, and we are starting with us.
Thank you for choosing change for this world!